By donating unwanted shares, you’ll be helping even more people with learning disabilities live healthy, happy and independent lives
What are the benefits of share giving?
- You can claim full income tax relief on the value of your shares
- No capital gains tax will apply, so you can maximise your donation at no extra cost
- If you pay income tax at 40% or 45%, you'll be able to claim income tax relief equal to 40% or 45% of the value of your gift, depending on which rate of tax you pay
Why should I donate shares?
You might want to consider donating shares if:
- You own a small bundle of shares, perhaps from an inheritance, which seems to generate more paperwork than income for you
- You hold ‘windfall’ shares as a result of a privatisation or demutualisation that feel like they’re gathering dust, but could make a huge difference to LinkAblE
- You’re keen to support our work but don't feel able to make a cash gift at this time
How do I donate my shares?
If you'd like to donate shares worth more than £500 please contact our Fundraising Manager by calling 01483 770037 or by email.
Alternatively, If you'd like to donate shares worth £500 or less please visit the ShareGift website or call them on 020 7930 37373.
Simply mention LinkAble when you make your gift. ShareGift specialises in releasing value from small shareholdings, generating a multi-million pound stream of funding for thousands of charities.