At Next Steps, teens with learning disabilities and/or autism will encounter a supportive environment that responds to their individual needs.
Transitioning from adolescence to adulthood is an exciting and sometimes nerve-racking time, particularly for those with additional needs. Our Next Steps service guides teens through this journey. We tailor our activities and staffing to each individual, ensuring that a diverse range of experiences is available to all.
We're a team you can trust
Our highly-trained staff have an expert understanding of connecting with teens with learning disabilities and/or autism. They will provide teens with the necessary support and encouragement to feel confident in taking the next steps towards adulthood.
A fun way to practice life skills
'Preparing for Adulthood' is our newest offering for teens who need less support. It provides a fun and engaging opportunity to practise life skills. In these sessions, group members work together to earn badges by completing various activities and challenges focused on developing independence.
An engaging programme of fun activities that support teens to make friends, try new things and practice life skills.
What's on during term time?
- Monday: Link Up Youth Group - A choice of fun activities in a supported environment where you can build friendships.
- Tuesday: ASD Tuesday Game Night - A night for board game fanatics to play games in good company (lots of other activities, too!).
- Friday: Synergy Dance - Express yourself through movement and performance.
- Saturday: Saturday Club (alternate Saturdays) - A session for those who need more support (including 1:1) to enjoy engaging activities.
- Sunday: ActAbles Academy - Discover your passion for performing with this friendly group.
Preparing for Adulthood sessions offers an opportunity to earn badges by completing activities and challenges that develop independence and life skills.
These sessions are aimed at those who need less support.
- Saturday: Link Up Saturday (alternating Saturdays) - Activities that support learning new skills and practising life management.